|How would you answer the following common questions?
- What is the Bahá’í Faith?
- How many Bahá’ís are there anyway in the world?
- There have always been wars and there will always be wars. The Bahá’í ideals are utopian. How are you going to stop wars?
- How are you going to unite the world?
- If Jesus was the Son of God, then who is Bahá’u’lláh?
- Do you believe in heaven and hell?
- Do you believe in reincarnation?
- Do you believe in evolution?
- If I’m not a Bahá’í, will I go to hell?
- The religions all antagonise each other, so how can you say they are the same?
- Not only do the social teachings of different religions widely differ, but so do their fundamental spiritual beliefs, such as reincarnation, polytheism, prayer and “Holy War”. How do you explain that ?
- When so many people are starving in the world, why do the Bahá’ís spend so much money building nice expensive buildings?
- What is new in the Bahá’í Faith anyway?
- Do Bahá’ís have sex before marriage?
- Are Bahá’ís allowed to drink alcohol?
- What about dietary restrictions?
- I think I can decide for myself what is good and what is bad. I do not need anybody else to tell me what to do. So why should I listen to any religion?
- If God is just and kind, why is there so much suffering in the world?
- What are the Bahá’ís doing to alleviate suffering in the world?
- What are the Bahá’ís doing for disarmament?
- I do not like to attach a label to myself, so I’m reluctant to become a Bahá’í. What do you think?
- When any religion or political ideology has become powerful in the world it has become corrupt, just like the Communists who wanted to build a just society. What is the guarantee that the Bahá’ís will not be the same?
- If the Bahá’ís want to change the world, why don’t they interfere in politics?
- There are so many disagreements and complications in the European Union. What is the Bahá’í viewpoint on the European union?
- Medical research has shown that moderate consumption of alcohol reduces the rate of dying from heart disease. Why is alcohol then prohibited in the Bahá’í Faith, which claims to be scientific in its method?
- The Bahá’í Faith has picked up the good points of all religions and seems to be a syncretism, or a life philosophy. How do you explain this?
- Why is there capital punishment in the laws of the Bahá’í Faith, as it seems outmoded and extremely harsh?
- You Bahá’ís say that Islam and the Bahá’í Faith both prescribe monogamy, yet Mohammed had 12 wives, and Bahá’u’lláh had 3. How do you explain that?
- If the Bahá’ís talk about equality between the sexes, why is membership of women in the Universal House of Justice forbidden?
- How do you view the events of September 11th 2001 in New York?
- How do you as a Bahá’í respond to the crisis in the Middle East, and what are the essential elements of a solution to this crisis?
- “To clone or not to clone?” How do you as a Bahá’í respond to this question?
- “An inconvenient truth” - what is so inconvenient about climate change? What is the solution to environmental crisis from a Baha’i point of view?